Combining grazing and automatic milking
AUTOGRASSMILK is a joint research project for the benefit of SME Associations, which objective is to develop and implement improved sustainable farming systems that integrate the grazing of dairy cows with automatic milking (AM) which are appropriate to the different approaches to dairy farming to be found in the different regions in Europe.
It will be achieved by:
- Develop optimum feeding strategies for dairy cows incorporating grazed grass and AM for various production systems in Europe
- Optimize the integration of AM with cow grazing using new technologies
- Increase the sustainability of integrated grazing and AM technologies
- Develop tools that will allow dairy farmers to optimize economic efficiency when combining grazing with AM systems
- Continuously disseminate new technology to end-users in a form that is easily accessible and locally adapted to improve farm efficiency.